This Series is a part of 30 Days of Learning.
This course is a tutorial series for the DCA exam using Docker EE. This Lesson deals with orchestration using Docker SWARM.
- Docker SWARM
- Load Balancing
- Declarative Service model
- Is secure by default.
docker swarm initinitialtes a docker swarm.
docker swarm join-tokento join as a cluster.
- Node: an independent service, can have multiple clusters.
- A service can run many nodes.
- Quorum: to make sure that the swarm’s state is healthy.
- Stacks and stacks files
- Define a set of configurations for a set of services. A docker stack consists of all the SW systems needs by the applications like DB, webserver.
- Defined in yml file (Mostly like docker-compose file)
- Set and update the configurations. Check the docker documentation for this.
- Define the service to be global or replicated.
- Troubleshooting Docker SWARM
- docker service logs Service Name
- docker node inspect labels
- Deploy docker services using templates.