This Series is a part of 30 Days of Learning.
This course is a tutorial series for the DCA exam using Docker EE. This Lesson deals with Image Creation, Management, and Registry using Docker.
- Docker Images Overview
- Image is an executable package that contains everything to run your application.
- Images are stopped container and are read-only.
- A Dockerfile contains all commands to build an image. Used in docker build
- ADD - copy files, also supoorts tar
- Copy - copy files
- VOLUME - Add mount point
- ENTERYPOINT - which app to run
- EXPOSE - Which Port to Publish
- CMD - Agguments to enterypoint
- ENV - Environement
- FROM - Defines base image, must be first command.
- RUN - runs a new command in new layer.
- WORKDIR - Defines working directory.
- docker image history to see the layer history.
- Managing Images
- docker image inspect - provides low-level information on docker.
- docker tag - to tag an image.
- Docker Registry
- Stateless, HA application for storing, sharing images.
- _docker push
_ to push to local registry
- DTR is available in Docker EE.
- docker login to login to docker hub, free cloud registry
- Docker notary helps in own image signing.
- docker search to search the docker hub for images.