Ljubljana is the capital and largest city of Slovenia. A city quite unheard of with an unpronounceable name (Pronounced as [lyu-blya-na]), is very quaint and beautiful city in its own way. Ljubljana means “Beloved” in a literal translation.
Read other Eurotrip Blogs:
- Backpacking Europe : Zurich
- Backpacking Europe : Versailles
- Backpacking Europe : Paris
- Backpacking Europe : Manchester
- Backpacking Europe : Liverpool
- Backpacking Europe : Munich
- Backpacking Europe : Bled
- Backpacking Europe : Ljubljana
- Backpacking Europe : Innsbruck
- Backpacking Europe : Darmstadt
- Backpacking Europe : Bratislava
- Backpacking Europe : Vienna
- Backpacking Europe : Budapest
- Backpacking Europe : Prague
- Backpacking Europe : Milan
- Backpacking Europe : Rome
- Backpacking Europe : Berlin
- Backpacking Europe : Amsterdam
It was quite some time that I had not visited any new city. I had a new friend coming over to Munich, so we planned a casual trip to Slovenia. Like always booked the overnight bus to Ljubljana and reached early morning and were greeted with snowfall.
Morning walk in the city
Factories and the Backdrop of Julian Alps
Miniature Model of the City
It was quite cold and we decide to refresh in the nearby cafe. Near the bus stand, we found a Cafe and ordered a Hot chocolate. Talking about life in India and longing for masala Tea instead of Hot chocolate we left the cafe.
We reached The Triple bridge. The Triple bridge, as the name suggests, is a group of three bridges across the Ljubljanica River. From this centre, we have a small passway to reach to the Ljubljana castle.
The funicular was closed due to snow. We climbed the small hill to the castle top. Ljubljana Castle is a beautiful medieval fort with a lovely view of the city. Walking around the castle is free, but for the Museums, you have to pay.
Clock at the Castle
Castle for the Birds in the Castle
City Enshouded in snow
Cannon in the castle
Pennies in the Wishing Well
After visiting the castle, We roamed around the city. Crossing the St. Nicolas Church we reached the Butcher’s bridge. This Bridge is beautifully filled with beautiful love locks.
Church on a hilltop
Statue of vodnik
Ferry and Butcher’s bridge
Trip Cost Breakdown Per Person
|S.No||Activity||Cost (In Euros)|
|7.||Tickets to Ljubljana||20|
|Total||74.6 Euros ~ 6K INR|