It was evening in Liverpool and I was waiting for my bus to London. After waiting for an hour, I received a message that the bus had been cancelled. There were no trains back to Manchester and I had no place to spend the night. Gloomy and sad I went to the MacDonald and ordered a big coffee to keep me awake for the night. I Opened the AirBnB app and there was no cheap accommodation available nearby. I decided to stay at the Macdonald for the night and start early morning back to Manchester. I took early morning train and booked an AirBnB while on the train. After reaching the AirBnB, I slept for the entire Day, Next Day I left the Airbnb and went to explore the city.
Read other Eurotrip Blogs:
- Backpacking Europe : Lucerne and Zug
- Backpacking Europe : Zurich
- Backpacking Europe : Versailles
- Backpacking Europe : Paris
- Backpacking Europe : Manchester
- Backpacking Europe : Liverpool
- Backpacking Europe : Munich
- Backpacking Europe : Bled
- Backpacking Europe : Ljubljana
- Backpacking Europe : Innsbruck
- Backpacking Europe : Darmstadt
- Backpacking Europe : Bratislava
- Backpacking Europe : Vienna
- Backpacking Europe : Budapest
- Backpacking Europe : Prague
- Backpacking Europe : Milan
- Backpacking Europe : Rome
- Backpacking Europe : Berlin
- Backpacking Europe : Amsterdam
- Backpacking Europe : Trek to Herzogstand
In the morning, it was drizzling a bit but still, I started the tour of the city, First stop was Alan Turing Garden. The Garden is nothing fancy but a small life-size figure of Alan Turing sitting on a chair with an apple.
Walking in the City
Alan Turing Memorial
Graffiti Near a Pub
One of my friends who already had been to Manchester told me to visit the Museum of science and industry. So I walked towards the Museum crossing Manchester Town hall, Beetham Towers, Chinatown and other Big buildings. Every architecture amazed me about its historic relevance and Grand architecture.
lanes of Manchester
Old Warehouse converted to Market
The Museum of Science and Technology is one of kind Museum devoted to the development of science, technology and industry with the focus on achievement and contribution of the city in these areas. For me, the main attractions were the Aircraft section with Yokosuka MXY-7 Ohka, Hawker Hunter, Superman Spitfire and the replica of the Manchester Baby [One of the first computers].
Entering Museum of Science and Technology
Written somewhere in the Museum
Old Painting Praising the train Journey
B.A.B.Y : One of the Oldest Computers
After this visit, I reached Airport to catch my flight back to Munich. This was indeed exhaustive, indulging an amazing trip.
Trip Cost Breakdown Per Person
|S.No||Activity||Cost (In Pound)|
|Total||44.5 Pound ~ 4200 INR|