A lake, a river, snowcapped mountains, beautiful bridges, an attractive old town, and city walls on a hill there aren’t many cities in Europe that offer all of following things in one place, but Lucerne is maybe the best example. Conveniently located in the centre of Switzerland and on the edge of the Alps, Lucerne is a well-known tourist spot and only 1 hour away from the most populous city in Switzerland Zurich.
We reached Lucerne from Zurich in the evening. We had booked a Korean Hostel (Google: Hostel Bellpark )in the city which provided the day tickets to the city free of cost. Just as we reached the city we went to the lake promenade to enjoy the beautiful views of the Alps.
Read other Eurotrip Blogs:
- Backpacking Europe : Lucerne and Zug
- Backpacking Europe : Zurich
- Backpacking Europe : Versailles
- Backpacking Europe : Paris
- Backpacking Europe : Manchester
- Backpacking Europe : Liverpool
- Backpacking Europe : Munich
- Backpacking Europe : Bled
- Backpacking Europe : Ljubljana
- Backpacking Europe : Innsbruck
- Backpacking Europe : Darmstadt
- Backpacking Europe : Bratislava
- Backpacking Europe : Vienna
- Backpacking Europe : Budapest
- Backpacking Europe : Prague
- Backpacking Europe : Milan
- Backpacking Europe : Rome
- Backpacking Europe : Berlin
- Backpacking Europe : Amsterdam
- Backpacking Europe : Trek to Herzogstand
Mini Pool Table in the Hostel
A Cute Korean Kid
Iconic Views of Mount Pilatus from Hostel
The hostel provided nice and hot Korean Fried Rice in the morning, and after having breakfast, we started our walk from the city walls (Museggmauer). We visited Hofkirche St. Leodegar, a Roman Catholic church whose site has been occupied since at least as far back as the 8th century. we tried to go to the top of a monument but in the morning all of them were closed. Nevertheless, the view of the city was absolutely stunning from below as well.
We wanted to visit the top of Mount Pilatus but couldn’t do so because of the time constraint.
Our Next stop was Lucerne’s Lion Monument, a moving 19th-century relief sculpture memorializing the Swiss guards killed during the French Revolution, is a short walk from the wall and worth a quick stop. We followed the road down to the main city and there were many shops selling mementoes and Swiss watches. We did window shopping from many shops because the high costs kept our overflowing greed at bay.
Morning View of the City
Walking along the city wall
Views of Alps
Bike infront of a treehouse
Baating in Lake Lucerne
Wide View of the city
Snowy peaked Alps
Lucerne is gorgeous, and I know that these pictures are amazing but they still don’t do the justice to the mesmerizing beauty of the city. If you’re looking for a place where you’ll be mind blown by nature, where you’ll fill your soul with beautiful memories and a place that you’ll dream about for years to come, then this is it. Add Lucerne to your bucket lists, because it is so so worth it.
Supermarket in a boat
Near a lake in Zug
Trip Cost Breakdown Per Person
|S.No||Activity||Cost (In Euros)|
|Total||65 Euros ~ 5416 INR|